Interior Shutters: 8 Reasons You Should Upgrade Your Home
There are a variety of factors to consider when purchasing new window coverings. At Letters from Luke, I offer my experience and expertise to help you consider them all. In the last blog, we explored the best window treatments for effective light control. In this installment, we will explore the benefits of my favorite window covering, shutters. Interior shutters are a popular window treatment option for homeowners, and for good reason. Not only do they add a stylish and classic touch to any room, but they also provide a variety of practical benefits.
- Energy efficiency: Interior shutters help regulate the temperature in your home, which can lead to significant energy savings. In the summer, you can close the shutters to block out the sun’s hot rays, keeping your home cooler and reducing the need for air conditioning. In the winter, you can open the shutters to allow the sun’s natural warmth to enter your home, reducing the need for heating. This means that interior shutters can help to reduce your energy bills year-round.
- Privacy and security: Interior shutters provide an excellent way to increase privacy and security in your home. You can close the shutters when you’re not home or at night to block out unwanted views from the outside. This is especially helpful if you live in a high-traffic area or in close proximity to your neighbors.
- Noise reduction: Interior shutters can also help to reduce noise levels in your home. If you live in a busy area or have loud neighbors, the thick, sturdy material of the shutters can help to block out unwanted noise. This can create a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere in your home.
- Light control: One of the main benefits of interior shutters is the ability to control the amount of light that enters a room. You can easily adjust the slats to let in as much or as little light as you want. This is particularly useful in rooms with large windows or in rooms that face the sun at certain times of the day.
- Durability: Interior shutters are a durable and long-lasting window treatment option. They are made of sturdy materials such as wood or synthetic materials, which means they can withstand daily wear and tear. This makes them a great investment for homeowners looking for a window treatment that will last for many years.
- Easy to clean: Another advantage of interior shutters is that they are easy to clean and maintain. Most shutters can be easily wiped down with a damp cloth to remove dust and dirt. This is a significant advantage over other window treatments, such as curtains or blinds, which often require more frequent washing or dry cleaning.
- Versatility: Interior shutters are also versatile and can be customized to fit any window size or shape. They can be made in a variety of colors, styles, and materials to match the decor of any room. Whether you prefer a traditional or modern look, there is a shutter style to suit your needs.
- Increased property value: Lastly, interior shutters can add value to your home. They are a popular choice among homeowners, and the addition of shutters can make your home more attractive to potential buyers. This means that installing interior shutters can be a smart investment for those looking to increase the value of their property.
I hope this blog post has provided you with some new information on the advantages of shutters and you become a raving fan, just like me! In summary, interior shutters offer a range of benefits for homeowners. They can help to regulate the temperature in your home, increase privacy and security, reduce noise levels, and provide easy light control. They are also durable, easy to clean, versatile, and can add value to your home. If you’re considering window treatment options, be sure to add interior shutters to the list!
Your local and trusted Bumble Bee Blinds professional can assist you. To find a Bumble Bee Blinds location in your local area, click here.
Luke Schwartz is the Brand President of Bumble Bee Blinds. He and Stephen Vest, the owner of Bumble Bee Blinds’ founding location, come from families with more than 60 years of experience in the window covering industry. Each month, Luke shares this experience and perspective through informative blogs about the window covering industry to educate our customers about products, features, and questions to consider when buying window treatments. Regular readers hopefully won’t have to ask, “Where do I start?” when in the market for window coverings.